We all are familiar with a very famous and popular cartoon show of a grey coloured, short haired cat Tom and a small brown coloured mouse Jerry.I always see different cartoon shows on T.V. but the show which always amuses me is Tom and Jerry. No matter if it is a repeated episode, it always entertains me. This show comes on the channel Cartoon Network in India.
My favourite cartoon is Tom and Jerry. It is an American animated series created in 1940 by William Hannah and Joseph Barbera. Tom and Jerry is a comedy show. It is the genre of slapstick comedy. It was first released on 10 February,1940 and it lasted till September 27,2005. The main distributors of the show was Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and currently it has been distributing by Warner Bros./Turner Entertainment. The total episodes released were 162 from 1940-2005.The first released episode was "Puss Gets The Boots" in the year 1940. It was the first cartoon to get nominated for Academy Award for Short Cartoons.
In this episode Tom always grabs Jerry with his tail where Jerry always tries to run away from Tom. The Tom chases the mouse into the flower stand where it cracks. The flowers and its pot get destroyed. Mammy Two Shoes is Tom's mistress, she enters the room and scolds Tom for its behaviour. She told if he again breaks anything then he will be out of the house. The Jerry mouse came to know about the weakness of the cat Tom. So Jerry always threatens him by throwing the glass from the top of the shelf whenever Tom tries to grab him. Ultimately Jerry makes it hard for Tom by throwing the glasses one by one on the floor. Tom tries to catch glasses with its plate from floor. After doing so much practice of catching glasses, an idea finally came to his mind and he keeps cushions on the floor. Tom again comes to Jerry mouse ; where Jerry again tries to threaten him but this time he becomes unsuccessful. He sees that Tom has find solution to his problem. Tom makes a terrified face to Jerry where Jerry gave a scary laugh to Tom and tries to run away from him. This is one of my favourite episode of Tom and Jerry series.
( 404 Words):
Speechless action of Tom and Jerry with small fun activities connects children's emotion with their childish imagination.
Keywords:animated cartoons, how to make a cartoon, create a cartoon, cartoon network watch, tom, cartoon network, cn, tom and jerry episodes full.
Tom and Jerry is an Americananimatedcartoon series. The original cartoons were created, written and directed by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera. It is named after its two main characters: a blue-grey cat named Tom and a brown house mouse named Jerry. Each cartoon shows the two characters getting into comedic fights or chases, in which they often get hurt cartoon-style.
A total of 114 Tom and Jerry cartoons were produced by the Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer cartoon studio from 1940–1958, starting with Puss Gets the Boot. Seven of these cartoons won an Academy Award for Animated Short Film between 1943 and 1953.
Later, Gene Deitch in Europe made 13 more cartoons for the series from 1961-1962. Then, Chuck Jones produced 34 more cartoons from 1963–1967. Finally, Hanna-Barbera worked with Warner Brothers Animation to make the last two Tom and Jerry cartoons: The Mansion Cat in 2001, and The Karate Guard in 2005. Since then, the cartoon characters have made appearances in other media.
Filmography[change | change source]
For a list of the original Tom and Jerry cartoon shorts, see List of Tom and Jerry episodes.
The following cartoons won the Academy Award for Animated Short Film:
- 1943: The Yankee Doodle Mouse
- 1944: Mouse Trouble
- 1945: Quiet Please!
- 1946: The Cat Concerto
- 1948: The Little Orphan
- 1952: The Two Mouseketeers
- 1953: Johann Mouse
Other media[change | change source]
The following lists are about the Tom and Jerry media which were not made for the original cartoon series.
Television shows[change | change source]
The following shows are re-launches of the original Tom and Jerry cartoons:
- Tom and Jerry Show (ABC, 1975)
- Tom and Jerry Comedy Show (CBS, 1980–1982)
- Tom and Jerry Kids (FOX, 1990–1994)
- Tom and Jerry Tales (The CW, Cartoon Network, 2006–2008)
- The Tom and Jerry Show (Cartoon Network, 2014-present)
Packaged shows and programming blocks[change | change source]
- Tom and Jerry (CBS, 1965–1972)
- Tom and Jerry on BBC One (1967–2000)
- Tom and Jerry's Fun house on TBS (1986–1989)
- Cartoon Network's Tom and Jerry Show (1992–present)
Television specials[change | change source]
- Hanna-Barbera's 50th: A Yabba Dabba Doo Celebration (TNT, 1989)
- Tom and Jerry: The Mansion Cat (Boomerang, 2001)
- Tom and Jerry: Santa's Little Helpers (2014)
Theatrical films[change | change source]
- Tom and Jerry: The Movie (1992)
Direct-to-video films[change | change source]
- Tom and Jerry: The Magic Ring (2002)
- Tom and Jerry: Blast Off to Mars (2005)
- Tom and Jerry: The Fast and the Furry (2005)
- Tom and Jerry: Shiver Me Whiskers (2006)
- Tom and Jerry: A Nutcracker Tale (2007)
- Tom and Jerry Meet Sherlock Holmes (2010)
- Tom and Jerry and The Wizard of Oz (2011)
- Tom and Jerry: Robin Hood and His Merry Mouse (2012)
- Tom and Jerry's Giant Adventure (2013)
- Tom and Jerry: The Lost Dragon (2014)
- Tom and Jerry: Spy Quest (2015)
- Tom and Jerry: Back to Oz (2016)