4693 Augusta Park
Logan, WV 25601
Aug 7, 2010
Ms. Shante Hurtado
ABA Therapy Center
3742 Hickman Street
Bensenville, IL 60106
Dear Ms. Hurtado,
I am writing this letter to express my interest in the position of ABA therapist advertised by your company. I’m confident that I have the skills and experience needed for this type of position you’re seeking at ABA Therapy Center.
A summary of my background history will show how I can be an asset to ABA Therapy Center, I have/am:
•Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
•Ability to assess behavior of children with autism
•Expertise in developing skills of children with autism
•Highly Flexible, compassionate and organized
•Customer or Client service oriented
In past positions I have conducted one-on-one interaction with children diagnosed with autism. I have provided therapy for children with autism in a caring and safe environment. I facilitated various activities in different settings such as in home or in social environment. It is important to teach appropriate play and social skills with patience and to provide proper opportunities for learning and development.
I’m bringing these past skills and experiences with me now as well as a desire to help others. I’m looking forward to a meeting in which I can discuss how my training, experience and special qualifications can be used to benefit ABA Therapy Center. Please contact me at (123)-246-6345, or email me at [email]
Resume Attached as MS Word Document
ABA Therapist Resume Objectives
ABA stands for applied behavior analysis. ABA Therapists study learning and motivation to better understand human behavior and help people. There is a heavy focus on the autistic, especially in children, among ABA Therapists, although these therapists also help those with substance abuse problems, high aggression levels, or any other behavior related problem. When applying to join an organization as an ABA Therapist, a resume that outlines your mastery over psychology in this field is essential.
What The ABA Therapist Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
At the heart of the ABA Therapist profession, or any kind of therapist, is a strong understanding of psychology and expertise is the art of counseling. These are the attributes your resume objectives should revolve around. You can expand from there by including sociology, anthropology, personal service, or interpersonal communication experience. ABA Therapists need to be able to communicate with their patient extremely effectively to make progress with them. This makes communication skills especially beneficial to include.
Sample ABA Therapist Resume Objectives
When writing your resume objectives, you should focus on what makes you a unique candidate. How will hiring you do good for the organization’s patients? You can also express your excitement to work with the institution specifically by mentioning it by name. Use these sample resume objectives to create your own:
1. Seeking the opportunity to work as an ABA Therapist with ABC Company utilizing extensive psychology and sociology knowledge and communication skills.
2. Dedicated and results-driven counseling professional looking for an ABA Therapist position with ABC Company incorporating counseling and psychology expertise with interpersonal communication and active listening.
3. ABA Therapist with two years of experience in counseling desiring work with ABC Company putting skills in communication, administration, and psychology into practice.
4. Individual seeking opportunity to transfer 5+ years experience to ABC Company with an ABA Therapist position using acquired therapy and sociology experience.
5. Looking for a position with ABC Company as an ABA Therapist that encourages interpersonal communication and values a psychology, sociology, and anthropology background.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.