Fire accidents are not very common. But when they take place they cause great alarm and destruction and sometimes loss of life.
After taking our food in the night, my father made fire to heat milk. When the milk had been heated, we drank it in another room.
Then my father told me to put out the fire with water on the half burnt pieces of wood. Then thinking that the wood would not catch fire again in the oven, I put it aside in a corner. Unfortunately there was a huge pile of wood for fuel in that room.
I went away to my father’s room. The beds were ready and we slept. It was 9 o’clock in the night. My father was reading a newspaper.
Suddenly he saw smoke entering our room. He wondered from where it was coming from. He went out in the courtyard. The smoke was coming out of kitchen. The door had caught fire.. He opened the door and cried, ‘Fire, Fire’.
Father was crying loudly to neighbours for help. He began to take out costly things. The neighbours came quickly.
Image Source: thehindu.com
Some helped us in bringing out the things from the house, while others ran to a well nearby for water. There were only three buckets in the house.
They cried for more buckets. Some brought four more. Others only cried. My father was nervous and he lost presence of mind.
He did not know what to save and what to leave behind. There was more noise and less work. People were running over the roof and pouring water with buckets. There was a young boy. Pappu.
He worked very hard to put out fire. He ran with the buckets over the roof of the kitchen. Suddenly the roof fell down and he fell over the head of burning wood.
We saw him in the flames. We were helpless. We could not save him. Pappu was lost forever. He was our neighbour.
His parents wept bitterly. The mother became unconscious. The people stopped bringing water. The fire had done its work.
We had lost everything except a few boxes. Our loss was very great. The costliest thing devoured by fire was Pappu. A little mistake may bring a great disaster.
Sample letter to write a report on a fire accident
Posted Date: |Updated: 27-Feb-2015 |Category: Sample Letters and Letter Formats|Author: Jebaprincy|Member Level: Gold|Points: 20|
Looking for a sample format of letter to write a report? Head to this article to get an idea on how to start with. Given here is a report written for a situation of fire accident in a ladies hostel, and submitted to the Principal of the college. Read more information in the article body.
Preparing a report for an event is not much easy task. One has to collect vast data about that event, summarize and then prepare on their own. Let's see a sample letter writing for the following case.
"Write a sample report on a fire accident due to leakage of electric current in a ladies hostel where two electrical engineering students died. Also give a set of recommendations for preventing such accidents in future" - This question has been asked in the Anna University B.E degree examination in the year May June 2013, II semester Regulation 2008, for the subject Technical English II
Letter format to write a report for fire accident
ABC Engineering College
Date: 27th February 2015
Sub: Report on the fire accident
With reference to the accident that look took place a couple a days ago in our college ladies hostel, the following report is submitted after a thorough analysis of the facts. On the 25th February 2015, a fire broke out around 02:00 pm in the ladies hostel. It experienced a tragic fire accident caused by leakage of electricity. It spread so quickly that it is engulfed a vast area consuming a large number of clothes and other materials which is kept in the Hostel. The laundry nearby started to burn due to that leakage and the fire spread to the floors on top. Students who were in the top floors were studying for exams and so everyone was inside the room. Some of the rooms were suffocated due to lot of smoke and everyone in that building were alerted and escaped safely. Moreover, the two girl students in the top floor sustained burn injuries were unable to come out of the room.
The firemen were summoned immediately and saved the two girls from further injuries. The fire extinguished after one hour. The two girl students were taken to the nearby hospital with severe burn injuries. The doctors diagnosed them and declared that they were already dead. Further, the doctor told that they were already afflicted with asthma and they were killed by smoke and severe fire injuries.
Under investigations, it is found that the fire broke out because of a short circuit in the switch box. As all the fittings in the rooms were in operation, the fire chanced to spread very fast. This devastating fire accident has resulted in a loss of two girl students and a lakh of rupees.
Recommendations to prevent such mishaps
In order to avert or overcome such mishaps in future, the following precautions are recommended.
- The worn out wiring should be immediately replaced and checked at regular intervals for leakages
- It is extremely necessary to install more fire extinguishers at vantage points
- Proper fuses must be installed to avoid the excess flow of current
- Students should be trained to handle the electric components safely along with fire extinguishers
- Fire alarms should be installed in Ladies Hostel, since a lot of students are available in the hostel
If the above measures are implemented forthwith, such accidents can be prevented in future and thereby great loss to property and human can be averted.