Medical assistant cover letter
View this sample cover letter for a medical assistant, or download the medical assistant cover letter template in Word.
As a medical assistant, you’re an integral part of helping doctors deliver patient care. Your cover letter should demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. To be considered for top medical assistant jobs, it helps to have a well-crafted cover letter. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a medical assistant, or download the medical assistant cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about health care careers and search for medical assistant jobs on Monster.
Medical assistant cover letter template
Monica Swift, CNA
Sometown, FL 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com
July 27, 2017
Mr. Michael Delaney
555 Arbor Ave.
Sometown, FL 55555
Re: Medical Assistant, Oncology Unit Position l Advertised on Monster
Dear Mr. Delaney:
As an upcoming graduate of XYZ School’s CAAHEP-accredited Medical Assistant (MA) program with a career focus in medical oncology, I am interested in serving as a medical assistant at your state-of-the-art hospital. My résumé is enclosed for your review.
I recently completed a medical assistant externship at DEF Hospital’s Cancer Center, a world-class medical environment that included medical oncology, radiation oncology, diagnostic imaging, BMT and gynecologic oncology programs. During my externship, I demonstrated excellent patient care and attention to detail in performing a range of assignments, including:
- Taking medical histories and updating patient medical records
- Coding and filling out insurance forms
- Explaining treatment procedures to patients and assisting physicians during exams
- Collecting and preparing laboratory specimens
- Instructing patients about medication and special diets
- Preparing and administering medications as directed by physicians
- Drawing blood, taking electrocardiograms and changing dressings
I also bring to the table five years of healthcare experience gained through work as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) within hospitals and rehabilitation facilities. When combined with my medical assistant studies, this background provides a strong foundation in quality patient care, disease physiology, EMR systems, patient recordkeeping and HIPAA compliance. As a result, I would quickly become a productive member of your team.
If you are seeking a dedicated medical assistant to provide compassionate care to your oncology patients, please consider my qualifications. You can call my cell at (555) 555-5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an interview. Thank you in advance for your time.
Monica Swift, CNA
See all sample cover letters on Monster.
Sample Cover letter for Patient Care Assistant
You can stand a chance for interview if your cover letter is appealing. What exactly should you include in your cover letter? Don’t keep your cover letter and resume similar as cover letter for Patient Care Assistant should describe more of your qualification and experience.
(Write your name and address)
4300 Hillcrest Circle
(Write Employer’s name and address)
2052 Coal Street
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
I’m interested in joining Ferro Corp. at Patient Care Assistant position. My previous experiences and educational background matches with the job requirements well. I am sure I would be a valuable asset to your company.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Conducted clinical research by assisting nursing and research teams with procedures inpatient and outpatient appointments and laboratory processing.
- Provided patient care including glucose testing and input and output assessments.
- Cared for post-surgical patients and medical patients with chest tubes tracheotomies and wound care.
- Provided safe transport of patients from the EU to Radiology coordinating care with the Emergency Unit Nursing Staff.
- Developed and maintained competency of broad range of patient care activities including Oxygen delivery patient transfers and interdepartmental related computer skills.
- Supported Radiology staff by providing patient care.
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
I will visit you next week for discussing my work profile for this position. Please find my enclosed resume with this letter. You can also get in touch with me either by email and phone. I would like to thank a lot for considering my resume.
Filed Under: Cover Letter