Dear Ms. Collier,
As an experienced SQL Server DBA and an admirer of Kiwi I was very interested in the open position listed on your website. My qualifications match this job perfectly so I am forwarding my resume to your attention. You will see I have all the practical and technical skills to fulfill any duties in regard to scripting database solutions and creating SQL views and queries.
I am currently employed at Mobility as an IT technician. This position has more than prepared me for SQL Server DBA. For the last three years I have developed a range of SQL capabilities becoming skilled at flow charting data management and processing and utilizing query tools and reporting. I create technical documents and use a range of communication channels for conveying information in manners that even a layman can comprehend. Self-motivated and detailed I troubleshoot hardware using HP System Insight Manager Dell OpenManage and Direct. I use DMV queries to evaluate server level performances and document database environments. I use log shipping clustering Windows Azure and other technologies to examine systems and test backups to ensure Recovery Time Objectives.
I would love to sit down with you and discuss Kiwi’s SQL Server DBA position and how I am the perfect match for it.
Miguel Jesus Watson
DBA Cover Letter
Cover letter can go a long way to help you get the much needed hype in your job search. According to a research, there are hundreds or sometimes thousands of applications for a single job search. Hence, it becomes impossible for the recruiter to select the right applicant for the post. The cover letter gives an opportunity to grab this attention by highlighting your skills and experience that are relevant for the job search. A DBA or database administrator cover letter is a great way to show your eligibility and skills to the prospective employers. An effective and well-written cover letter can differentiate you from the rest of the candidates. Hence, make the best use of this letters!
The cover letter for DBA should cater to the demands of the employer. This has to be a short and simple letter but keep it informative. Highlight your experience and key skills that are relevant for the job post.
Before you start writing the cover letter, make sure you do a bit of research of the company or the organization. Know what are the key skills they looking for. Create your letter and tailor it according to the requirement for the job post. Use marketing literature that merits to the attention and consideration of the employer.
The following are some important tips and guidelines to write an effective cover letter.
- Based on the appearance and layout of the cover letter, present it without any errors and grammatical mistakes. If you plan to email it, make sure it has a common font and a standard format.
- Coming to the content of the letter, it should be brief and properly structured. Employer do not have much time to scan your letter, all they will do is get the important and check if you are eligible for the post or not.
- The format of the cover letter should contain your address, contact detail, the date of sending the letter and the employer name and address.
- While addressing the employer, avoid using generic terms such as "Dear Hiring Manager" or "Dear Sir or Madam."
- Target your letter by showing how you have learned about the job post.
- The body of the letter should highlight your experience and achievements that are relevant for the position. Include your practical experience as a DBA.
- You should ensure that the cover letter goes in with a flow and does not slavishly sound that you match each point on the job description of the company's site.
- Finally, seek for a follow up interview where you can discuss more with the employer. Prompt them you will await for a positive response.
The sample cover letter will show you some important tips and regulation to write one of your own.
Company's Name and Address:
Dear Mr. /Ms. (Employer's Last Name),
I was excited to learn about your job posting for the position of database administrator in your organization/company (mention the name here). I believe my experience and credentials will fit for the position extremely well. As requested, I have enclosed my resume with this letter.
I was keen to be a part of your organization for many years and worked for you in this section of database administration. I have one year of experience in database administration in (mention the name of your previous company). Here I was in charge of designing and documenting the database architecture. I have also done data modeling. In addition to this, I have set up data sharing and disk partitioning. Other responsibilities I carried out are establishing computer database, identify the user needs and analyze the test systems of the organization.
In today's pervasive world, it is extremely important to be good with both oral and written communication skills. I have an excellent and solid teamwork ethic.
I would be glad if we can meet up for an interview wherein we can discuss more on this. Please call me at (insert contact details) or drop me an email at (mention your email address).
Thank You so much for your valuable time.
Enclosures: Resume and Work Experience Certificates
This is how you can write an attention seeking DBA cover letter. This is how your attributes can be presented and logically displayed. A well -written cover letter will surely get the attention of the employer, no matter what happens. All the best with your job hunt with a good cover letter and resume!